Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wait upon the Lord

Today I was able to implement everything I have learned in the past week about the peace I can get from trusting God. Lately, I've been trying to find a new job for next semester. I had become so certain that the job I'm currently in is not ideal and will not be the best for me. The thing is, God hadn't even been given a chance to speak to me about what He thought; my mind was already made up. But as reality hit me while job searching, and through experiences this past week with my current job, I'm beginning to see that maybe, just maybe, there's a reason I'm in this specific workplace. Although the job has nothing to do with education, the people that I work with are an open mission field that I cannot pass up. What if I prayed for my co-workers? What if God's Love was evident through me, and they'd believe in God because I chose to stay? What if?
I had been so worried about leaving that job that I never actually considered keeping it. But today, I heard the still, small voice of God saying "Wait. Maybe there's more for you than just convenience. Maybe I have a bigger plan for you. Maybe you should just wait and see what I have in store for you. Wait."
Instead of being completely impatient and frustrated, an overwhelming sense of peace overcame me. My Heavenly Father knows what's best for me, and He has it all under control. What can I do but give the situation up to Him? I will wait. I have peace.
"Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name
and renown are the desire of our hearts."- Isaiah 26:8

No comments:

Post a Comment