Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 19: Something I miss

I never thought that I'd look back and high school and miss it, but I truly do sometimes. I was so lucky to have best friends who were goofy, hilarious, sweet, and Christ-seeking all at the same time. The same people dressed as nerds and pirates were the same sweet girls I prayed with in a covered wagon at the beginning of senior year. I spent so much time doubled over in laughter over some inside joke or unpredictable thing that someone would do... but they were also always, always there for me. I miss having those girls in my life who know me oh-so-well, and having the consistency of seeing them every day. That's something that college just won't allow! At any rate, I am so thankful to have had a wonderful high school experience!

Yes, those would be cookies. Forget cucumbers!

Spirit Week= the best week of school

One more thing: I miss swimming! I swam alllll the time in high school, and now my schedule (and my motivation) has practically eliminated it from my life. I had some of the funniest times with teammates, and I do miss being on a sports team! Although I wasn't a superstar swimmer, I definitely enjoyed it. Working camp this summer and teaching the swim track really got me excited once again for the sport... and I wish I had the motivation to get myself up in the early mornings to start it back up again! What's it going to take to get it back on my schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment