Thursday, August 11, 2011

Only by Grace

"When you have no vision from God, no enthusiasm left in your life, and no one watching and encouraging you, it requires the grace of Almighty God to take the next step in your devotion to Him, in the reading and studying of His Word, in your family life, or in your duty to Him. . . the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God." -Oswald Chambers

When all that is in me desires to run from God; when I find no joy in serving or loving or sharing or spending time with the Almighty; when I only want to feel once again... look to the Lord and pray for grace. Only God can sustain my spirit and my soul, giving me joy and determination to serve.
"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." -Psalm 51:12

Thank You, Father, for daily grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment