Sunday, June 17, 2012

New name, new address, new blog, etc.

Let it be noted that my blog has changed addresses. But it's temporary- the lameness and un-originality of my blog domain makes me cringe.

Let it also be noted that we have survived one whole month of marriage! That's right, everyone- 4 weeks of wedded bliss have gone by and it feels like it has only been 4 days. Since becoming husband & wife, I have learned that I have a long way to go in the cooking realm, D is an awesome encourager, D sheds like a dog, I need to learn to drive a stick, and there is no better feeling than being able to say "good night" rather than "good bye" every single day.

Marriage is more than I could have asked for but scarier than I ever could have imagined. I have absolutely.no.earthly.idea what I am doing, and the role of "wife" still makes me shake in my boots. I have never felt so incompetent for a task in my life. But you know what? This feeling of incompetence and weakness has served to let me fall into the grace of a God who will equip me for every single good work that I need as a wife. And it's very freeing, this grace-full way of living. When I feel like a failure, He picks me up and brushes me off and juices me up to live another day on His strength. And He puts D in front of my face to tell me that he loves me despite my failures.

I love being D's wife. And I'm thankful that God is using this season to teach me more than I ever wanted to learn... even if it means plucking me out of the familiar and comfortable in order to learn those truths. Yay for marriage!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you and we need to hang out sometime since I am in the 'ville now (sort of).

    ReplyDelete