Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year, Same God

It's 2009, and I couldn't be happier! 2008 was filled with many milestones, happy tears, and frustrating times. I lost and gained friends. Here's a quick recap of the past year:

1. I graduated from high school (WA) as valedictorian, senior class president, and swim team captain. It can be done.
2. I went on my first international mission trip (Guatemala)
3. I survived the first semester of college
4. I started dating one of my best friends
5. God made me realize the passion He's given me for elementary-aged children, and now I'm excited for my future!
6. I lost a few friends, but gained 20 times more!
7. I realized just how important my family and my closest girl friends are to me.
8. I struggled in my walk with God, but I also thrived in it. He has become my Lover and my very Best Friend.

In light of the past year, there are so many things that I regret but so many more things that I can look back on with fondness. But the future scares me a little. I don't know what God has in store for me, I don't have a clue about anything in my future. But this I do know: we don't HAVE to know everything God knows! That's the beauty of our Sovereign Lord- He has the whole world in His Hands! What a comfort. But also, what an intimidating thing. He controls everything. As I jump into 2009, I pray that I'll recognize His power even more, and worship Him in His greatness!

So, here's to 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment