Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh, Happy Day!

Today is a strange sort of day.

In light of all that has happened in the past week, I think my typical reaction would be to just mope around, pouting about my pitiful life. But for some strange reason, I am in a fantastic mood this morning! It's so good to know that beginning my mornings with the Lord every day, and meditating on His Word all throughout the day, has really made my week much more joyful!

I spent a lot of time at the funeral home yesterday. I mean, a lot. 9 hours. In all that time that I was there, I got to simply sit and observe for a while... and it was actually very enlightening. I took note of the reactions to my Popie's death in several different faces. There were sad faces, regretful faces, anxious looks and peaceful looks. There was the compassionate face of my sweet mom every time someone broke into tears, and there was the stone-cold face of a stranger that I think was simply numb to Popie's passing away. After all the people-watching and analyzing, I came to a conclusion: Christians are just a lot more joyful. We can find joy in anything when we have a fabulous relationship with Christ! There are SO many verses in the Bible about having joy in our purpose in life: Psalm 35:27, Habakkuk 3:18, the entire book of Philippians, the list goes on! There really is a difference between Christians and those of this world, especially how we view death. Christ really can radiate through us.

So, in light of all this, how will you act differently today as a set-apart Christian? How will you extend the joy of the Lord to others in order to exemplify the beauty of Christ? We are "little Christs," so live like one. This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!

1 comment:

  1. Emily!! This is just precious. I am sorry you had to go through that, but it is great to know (and encouraging) that you are joyful and seem to be satisfied in Christ :) you are so strong!! Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete