Saturday, October 24, 2009

The meaning of the title: Kasih-Mengasihi

I don't feel like doing my homework right now... seriously, I'm at home and it's a Saturday night!! Therefore, because it's a little difficult to move or breathe right now as a result of my semi-annual cold (it never fails to make a visit), I'm going to just sit here and explain to you the reason for the change of title.

Yes, you're right- Kasih-Mengasihi is an Indonesian word... how'd you guess?! Honestly, I just like to say the word- it sounds almost hippie-ish. And actually, the meaning of the word sounds like the mantra of a hippie: "to love each other."

We don't genuinely love each other anymore. Sure, we have those family members and best friends that we will always have & hold to love & to cherish, but beyond that... love is very conditional. At least in my opinion. We look too far into the value of the dollar sign and the attention to really see past to the people that really need genuine love. Tonight I went to my brother's basketball game, which was fun. But what caught my attention was the team of 5th grade boys that walked in towards the end for the next game. My sister told me that this is the team where the teachers come to cheer on the boys because the parents don't. What great love that is- to go beyond the regular teaching duties of the day to actually care for the students!

As Christians, we have a bigger life to live up to. We love because we have been loved. The absolute greatest commandment in the Bible is to love God with all that is in us. And out of the overflow of love that we experience from God, we will in turn want to share that love with other people! Kasih-Mengasihi... love one another. "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -John 13:34

Kasih-Mengasihi!


PS: my house & backyard are BEAUTIFUL during fall time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder and the challange to not love based on the condition or the circumstance, but to love like Christ loves us! "but God showed His love for us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. Saya suka kamu change in title. :) Suka kamu juga. Praise His Name for His desire to give us what we don't deserve!!! May we only give all that we are back to Him in return!!

    ReplyDelete