Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Generation Gap

There's something about old people that I just love. I'm not sure if it's the white hair, the stock of wisdom, or the sweet familiarity they have with those closest to them, but there's just something about them that makes my heart melt. My sister and I got the chance to go to a dinner-theater type of thing tonight, and I'm pretty sure we were the only ones under the age of 60 there. I loved it though, because everyone there was so excited to be getting out of the house, enjoying time with those who are special to them! Also, they are so so sweet to little blonde curly-headed girls, just sayin'. To them, every moment is one to treasure, and every person that they meet is an opportunity to be a blessing. I can't wait to grow old!

But I'm not old yet. I've got lots of time on my hands, people to see, places to go, books to read. (Thank you, Jay Strack.) I will learn from the old folks while living my young days. While talking with a friend of mine yesterday, I realized that college is such a short and fun time! I'll be done with it in 2 years. Wow.

So, while I still see the days of senior benefits and silver hair far, far, FAR in my future, I'm going to enjoy the season that I'm currently experiencing. I love college. It's somehow the perfect excuse for every single stupid thing we do, and I'm totally okay with that. I'll look back and shake my head at myself later, when I'm older :)

No comments:

Post a Comment