Friday, April 16, 2010

The greatest of these: LOVE.


I won't lie, I like being called "Teacher." I don't really like being called Miss Harrod, but any rendition of Miss Emily, Emalayyy, etc. makes my heart very happy!
There's this girl that has totally captured my heart here as of late. Muhai is a precious little girl- a refugee who now lives here in BG and likes to read stories and jump off of high places (not good for my anxiety level.) She is hilarious.
Sure, she has 3 other wonderful and equally hilarious brothers and a sister, but for some reason I get that strange motherly feeling whenever I talk to Muhai or spend time with her. I got to meet her parents tonight- something I've wanted to do for a long time. And they spoke no English other than "Nice to meet you, Misemly!" But there was a peculiar bond that I made with the mother- hiding behind her husband, embarrassed that she could not speak my language, yet grinning from ear to ear because someone was putting forth effort to notice her.
I've been thinking about love a lot lately... it's part of the fruit of the Spirit and is one of the greatest commandments Christ has given us! In fact, that's the reason behind the title of this blog: Kasih-Mengasihi is the Indonesian translation of "to love each other."
Love those who are hard to love, love those who receive no love, love those who have nothing to give back, love those who deserve love (that's everybody). "And now these things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Cor. 13:13

I'm not saying I have this down... in fact, my eyes bulge at the prospect of genuinely loving all people. But we can at least try, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment