Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 2: Meaning of the Title of my Blog


If you haven't noticed, my blog has a funky word for a title: Kasih-Mengasihi. I've mentioned it before, but it's worth sharing again- Kasih-Mengasihi has its roots in Indonesia. I'm no good at phonetics, but if I were to write out the pronunciation it would look a little something like "kahsee mengahsahee."
Honestly, I just like to say the word- it sounds almost hippie-ish. And actually, the meaning of the word sounds like the mantra of a hippie: "to love each other."
We struggle to genuinely love each other. Sure, we have those family members and best friends that we will always have & hold to love & to cherish, but beyond that... love is very conditional. Our selfish ambitions blind us of the people who really need genuine love, and we hold a lot of love back. We have been taught to look out for ourselves and to love only those who can give something back.
As Christians, we have a bigger life to live up to. We love because we have been loved. The absolute greatest commandment in the Bible is to love God with all that is in us. And out of the overflow of love that we experience from God, we will in turn want to share that love with other people! Kasih-Mengasihi... love one another. "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." -John 13:34

Kasih-Mengasihi!

1 comment:

  1. mmm this post makes me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. thank you for reminding me about this glorious phrase from Indo. go 'head, sound like a hippie! do not be ashamed! :)

    it is so true how we restrain ourselves from FULL love because of our selfishness..only our Father can bless us with perfect love.

    ReplyDelete