Saturday, October 2, 2010

I'm working on this.

"The fullest expression of Christian living has to be a combination of God's truth entering the head, igniting the heart, and outworking through the hands. If we're going to enjoy the fullness of his grace more perfectly, there has to be an entrance of the truth into the head that affects the heart and comes out through the hands."
-Thabiti Anyabwile
I think that I have everything about that backwards. To be sure, it is very good and very Biblical to be taught Scriptural truths from birth, but I think it has desensitized me to the the overwhelming truth of God.... which means that I only focus on the outworking of my hands. And the ironic thing is, when I only focus on what my hands are doing for God, it becomes a very selfish and prideful thing- and I forget entirely about God's truth!
So now, I am working on allowing God's truth to enter my head, in its purest form. Then, I hope it will ignite my heart and overflow by the working of my hands. Until then, everything I do is done merely out of pride and obligation.
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." -Galatians 5:6

No comments:

Post a Comment