Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 22: Favorite city

This is easy.
I love Louisville!
I could have said Paris or San Diego or Karangasem (which isn't really a city), but the truth is I haven't spent enough time there to even know much about it. I love my hometown, and everyone knows it!
I love the Highlands, the Waterfront, the city parks (especially Cherokee and Tom Sawyer), the beautiful old homes in Germantown and the rolling hills of Fisherville. I love driving on back roads to church in the fall, and I love downtown at Christmastime. I love Lynn's Paradise Cafe, QDoba, and the Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen. I LOVE Half-Price Bookstore, and I actually really love the public library chain.
I love that there are at least 4 Wal-Marts and 2 Targets within 15 minutes of my house... although I have to show some kind of financial restraint.
I love that Louisville is so big that you could live there all your life and still find something new about it. I love looking for old history and cool facts about my city (and I think that labels me as a NERD, but I've come to accept it).
I love that you can see Cards fans all over the place :)
I love that Louisville=family. They are so, so close! I love old & close friends. I love the feeling of familiarity and home.
What city do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment