Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 8: A place I've traveled to

I thought that this would be the easiest post for me, by far, but it was strangely one of the hardest ones to decide on! I absolutely love traveling. I've been many places in the first 20 years of my life, and I definitely plan on filling that passport to the brim with stamps and visas!
Although I could pull out some fancy European town or exotic island village, I would rather share a story of a different kind. It begins with this picture, taken by my sweet friend JB:

It's no secret that I spent a wonderful summer working CentriKid with some amazing teammates. We traveled from MS to FL to LA to MO, then headed back to FL for a week before ending our stay in Talladega, AL. We visited Lamberts (the "home of throwed rolls") and held recreation games next to the ocean full of dolphins.
As with any traveling adventure, there are unexpected circumstances. Somewhere between Birmingham and St. Petersburg, something terrible on the interstate caused a standstill for nearly an hour. While the people around us were frustrated and irritated, my precious team embraced the moment with a dance party in the rain, a few woodland bathroom breaks, and naturally finding our way to the children (it happens). After all, in the midst of a long summer road trip, who wants to sit still and wait for something to happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment