Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A less poetic "Great is Thy Faithfulness"

I love hymns. The old language often makes us forget how relevant they are to our lives, but it is rich with Gospel-centered content and uplifting praise. The Psalms are rich with hymns, and Ephesians even commands us to speak with spiritual hymns! How cool is that?
"Great is Thy Faithfulness" is one of my favorites, but it has had a much greater impact on me lately. When we are faithless, He still remains faithful. Though our sins are as scarlet, He washes us white as snow... every time. I am so thankful for that! Here is my version of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" in a less poetic yet understandable way of words, sounding much like my prayers:

Father God, Your faithfulness is so great!
There is not even a hint of abandonment with You.
You never change, and Your compassions never fail.
You have always been, and You always will be faithful!

Your faithfulness is so great! I see it more and in new ways every day.
Your hand has provided everything I need- Your faithfulness to me is so wonderful and great.

What can tell of Your faithfulness?
Summer, winter, springtime, fall, the sun, moon, and stars- they join in with the rest of creation witnessing and declaring of Your great faithfulness, mercy, and love!

You have given me complete pardon for my sin and enduring peace.
You've given me Your presence- You bring me joy and guide me.
You've given me strength for today and a bright hope for tomorrow!
You've given these blessings to me- and ten thousand more!

Great is Your faithfulness, Lord, to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment