Saturday, April 9, 2011

Standing firm

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." -Galatians 5:1

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope- the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." -Titus 2:11-14

This morning, I feel burdened by the yoke of sin and temptation. Just when you think sin has defeated you, or if you grow tired of standing firm, remember that Christ has set you free from the penalty, power, and presence of sin. Although we will always battle temptation, salvation gives us strength & eagerness to say "No" to sin! I'd rather not be burdened by a yoke upon my neck... it is for freedom that Christ has set us free! My prayer is that Christ will grant me the discipline I need to make the most of my salvation. He has given me the ability to be free, now I must eagerly commit.
"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." -Ephesians 6:13

No comments:

Post a Comment