Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For those of us who worry too much...

"Whatever my God ordains is right,
Here shall my stand be taken;
Though sorrow, or need, or death be mine,
Yet I am not forsaken,
My Father’s care circles me there,
He holds me that I shall not fall,
And so to Him I leave it all."
~Samuel Rodigast

Today I have found a lot of peace in knowing that, if I take things day by day, I don't have to worry. Worrying about a pile of assignments or the food at our wedding is not necessary, because whatever my God ordains is right. Although this year has been full of a lot of happy times and happy days and many blessings, I have to remember that GOD ordains my every step and thought and movement... not myself. I'm thankful that He is teaching me, day by day, to walk with the faith that trusts He will bring me through even the smallest thing. I think it's a lot easier to depend on Him in the big things than it is to trust in His deliverance through the small things.... and I'm determined to change my 'Type A Personality' thinking! My prayer is that, by His grace, I'll learn to instantly throw myself upon Him in the early hours of every day, before those responsibilities and tasks begin to roll in with overwhelming force.

My God does not forsake even His most high-strung children... what a gift! Yet He calls me to "cast my cares" upon Him and not to worry about tomorrow. What a simple thing to say, but what effort it has taken over the years to truly get to the point where my heart can say that I will cast the cares entirely into His hands! He can take my burdens, and whatever He ordains is right. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment