Sunday, October 16, 2011

Comments and complaints

Another week flies by, and I wonder where it went. It would be so easy to complain right now- to blubber on about time management and hard classes and wanting to be more social- but we all hear that every day from everyone. I'm tired of giving the "I'm so busy" spiel, asking for sympathy from everyone else who is just as busy as I am. I'm tired of making excuses for slacking off in being intentional, for "not having time" to spend with the Lord in the mornings, and for being in a bad mood. I am fully convinced that Satan packs our schedules so that we will forget to find joy in the small things that God gives us... and he's slowly chipping me apart.

The great news is that, although I often forget about the Lord while I'm wallowing away in my mounds of lesson plans and English homework, He has never forgotten about me. Even when I realize that I haven't made a visit to my sweet African refugee family in 2 months, and I have been less than intentional with my sweet international friends, He gives me grace to find the time in my schedule to make it up the next week. I fail every day, but He picks me back up... every single time!
"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." -2 Cor. 9:8

His grace can abound to me even during the busiest of seasons. His grace allows me to get through a semester of classes with a strength that I know cannot come from myself- it comes from Him alone. Despite everything that demands my time and attention, He carries me through it and equips me with exactly what I need to get through each day and glorify Him in the process!

Let's not forget why we're here on earth in the first place... and taking life day by day will gain a lot more intentionality and purpose. I'm so thankful for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment