Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 21: Bullet my entire day

Well, I couldn't have picked a more boring day to bullet, but here it is!

  • 6:30 a.m.- Roll out of my bed, see that the rain has not gone away, decide not to take a shower (I'm just conserving water), and eat breakfast in blissful peace while reading some of Psalms. Mornings = my favorites

  • 8 a.m.- Arrive to class a little drenched and definitely not excited about Thanksgiving Break being over. My attention span for those 7 hours was about 30 seconds. Most days, I love my major so so much, and today was actually pretty interesting, but Christmas Break couldn't get here sooner!

  • 3 pm- Skipped my Monday workout to go home and do linguistics homework. Felt totally dumb when it didn't make any sense. Took roomie to class, and met with my professor to try and scrounge up some help on the impossible worksheet. On my way to her office with another classmate, we spotted our old English professor from 3 or 4 semesters ago and stopped to say hi. The incredible thing was that he still remembered us and asked things about us that he could still recall from 2 years ago- now, when you attend a public university of 15,000 students, that is impressive. Sometimes I just love WKU- and I'm not just saying that because I work for the admissions office.

  • 5:30 pm- Went to night class and felt very relieved when everyone else in the class had the same helpless feelings about that crazy worksheet. Listened to grad students give presentations on morphology in the elementary classroom and Japanese morphology.

  • 8 pm- Left class craving Japanese food, but instead of going to Shogun I went grocercy shopping since my food inventory at home currently consists of peanuts, peanut butter, pasta, and mint chocolate chip ice cream. After happily arriving to checkout and filling my cart full of bagged delicious food, dreaming of all the things I could eat now that my pantry will actually be full, my debit card was denied and I almost cried because that has never happened to me before. And when I say never, I mean that my budget and PNC account are monitered closely enough that I've never had to worry about overdraft protection or anything like that. But apparently, the gasoline gods of Thanksgiving Break decided to suck enough money out of my bank account that they wouldn't let me buy food! So I ran home, transferred some money between accounts, and decided that eating pasta with the roommates was a better idea than going back to WalMart and starting the grocery shopping all over again.

  • 9 pm- Roomie dinner, with Christmas decorations up and watching parts of The Terror of Tiny Town (I can already hear all of your judgmental thoughts- and they're probably well-deserved), and procrastination until now- after I finish this post, the homework begins!


Such an interesting day, wasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment