Saturday, March 10, 2012

When I'm Overwhelmed

It's been a crazy 2 weeks. There have been many "small" things that have tempted me to despair and grow weary. When piled up on top of one another, those little things add up to a giant tower which looms over me with a shadow that makes me forget that I ever basked in the Light. I know no other cry than "at the end of my heart's testing, with Your Likeness let me wake."

When it seems that I have so much to do, so many decisions to make, so many transitions to come upon, so many unexpected things to deal with, and so much money to spend on so many things that won't even matter come June... I find my rest in the joy that I can wake every morning looking at the face of Jesus- because He's been here all along.

Each season has a tower of its own; I feel as though I am taking on two towers at once as a future wife-student. But the great thing is that Christ is bigger than the tower. He confused the languages at Babel, and He can remain un-overwhelmable by the things that I see looming before me. My tower is not so huge that He can't handle it. Isn't it sweet to know that Jesus is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment