Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Worship (Day 22): British Ghosts & God's Control

If you're reading my 31-day series on Worship for the first time, consider clicking over here to my Day 1 post to see the introduction and to find the rest of the posts in the series!




Today, I found myself surrounded by six-year-olds, wearing a ghost puppet from the dollar store, acting him out with a British accent. When I came to my senses and really realized what I was doing, I smiled. And in that moment, I realized that I will do almost whatever it takes to help these sweet babies learn to read and enjoy it. And I realized I was exactly where I need to be, for such a time as this. And I worship-- because if I had planned things my own way one year ago (or even a few months ago), I never would have found myself in this classroom with these students. But praise God that He knows everything and knows exactly what He has created us for!


I worship Him because He has had a plan from the very beginning and He is in control. He provides exactly what we need for each moment.

He provides in the grocery line, when all you have left for the month is $22 and the cashier rings you up for $21.44. He knew. He knows. He is always, always, always in control.

He knows the plans He has for me, even if the things of Today seem dreary or tiresome. He knows the plans and He will sustain us and provide for all of our needs while we wait. Because truly... the waiting is part of the plan.

He's in control, friends, so worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment