Thursday, October 24, 2013

Worship (Day 23): You ARE

If you're reading my 31-day series on Worship for the first time, consider clicking over here to my Day 1 post to see the introduction and to find the rest of the posts in the series!


This past month, my eyes have been opened to the opportunities I have to worship that I would typically brush aside. He calls us to worship that is far greater than simply song; greater worship reflects His truths like a mirror and flows from our fears, longings, desires, hopes, gifts, and most ordinary of days.

But have you ever thought about the fact that our bodies were actually created to worship? Our moving about and breathing and existing are intended to bring God glory? As Emily Freeman says, "But we don't call it that. We call those things living." Read on to better understand:

"But when the Spirit of the living God lives inside of you, then your living is also your worship. Everything that is is because he is I Am. 'For in Him we live and move and exist.' (Acts 17:28) We are able to worship in all that we do. And anything worth doing will also be worship. What else would it be?" (Grace for the Good Girl)

We were put on this earth to live and move and exist in Him, and so every little thing that we do can be considered worship. We (Christians) are, as the Lord says in Isaiah 43:7, part of “Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory…”

Consider this fact: because you exist and follow Christ, you radiate Christ's glory. You give praise back to Him. Does this change your thinking? Does this alter your view of worship? I hope it does, because it takes the emphasis off of ourselves and places every last bit of worship into a pointed arrow towards Christ. And praise Him that it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment