Monday, October 7, 2013

Worship (Day 7): When nothing goes right

If you're reading my 31-day series on Worship for the first time, consider clicking over here to my Day 1 post to see the introduction and to find the rest of the posts in the series!



Today was supposed to be a really great day.

After eating lunch with my husband (thank you, Fall Break!), I was supposed to drop his tux off from the wedding yesterday. Then I was supposed to go run important Fall-Break-ish errands and grocery shop and run some miles and sew and prepare for my trip to Louisville tomorrow (!!).

But none of that happened. Instead, I got a car that wouldn't start and a grand view of the mall parking lot for a few hours.

When all I want to dwell on is my broken car and shin splints and unanswered prayers and broken plans, He reminds me that His hand is still in everything. He reminds me that He has provided faithful family and a Constant in Himself. And tea; He provides hot tea.

Even when our hearts really, really, really want to dwell on all the bad things, we can worship. And our hearts are renewed because the truths about Himself overcome every single bad thing that ever happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment