Thursday, September 24, 2009

This Week's Maybe/Maybe Nots


I think our beta fish might be dead. Or maybe not... because he just spazzed out and flung some rocks all over the bowl. Oh, Sapphire....

Having a Chinese student tell you that you're the cutest ("Q-est") American they've met is... interesting... flattering? Maybe not.

I love seeing old friends, the ones that know me best, and being encouraged by them. Maybe God took all my absolute closest friends away from me in order that I could create new, godly friendships right here in BG. He's certainly been doing that!

Maybe these friendships that I've begun & cultivated this week will turn into glorification for God... maybe not, but when the Holy Spirit is involved, all things are possible!

I should probably start wearing rain boots instead of flip-flops when it rains... maybe that will keep me from slipping. Maybe not. Who knows!

Maybe one day I'll actually get outside and go for a run! Or maybe not.

My family came in town for the football game & just to hang out this weekend, and it was so so so great! Maybe they'll come again... or maybe not... either way, I loved it :)

Maybe I should be studying right now for the 4 tests I have next week... maybe not...

Was creating this blog post a waste of time for me, and you reading this a waste of your time? Maybe. Probably.

Was the lesson I've been studying for my 7th grade girls' Sunday School class completely convicting? Most definitely. See below.

Colossians 3:1-4
"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

"The Christian is dead to his own plans, will, & agenda, & lives for Christ; the Christian's life is "hid" in Christ."--- are my dreams & my planner even visible when compared & sat next to the plans of God?

Maybe I need to slow down, take a more flexible schedule, and sit back to see God work in everything I'm involved with. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. cute post! definitley pull out the rainboots...they're super cute and much safer :) can't wait to see you at fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if the rain boots will help or not... the little girl I babysit fell twice while going down in the stairs while she was wearing hers! Thanks for scripture and the challenge. Good luck with the tests!

    ReplyDelete