Friday, October 2, 2009

Love.

Sometimes I just want to run (or sprint) up the hill to the Colonnades in the middle of a warm starry night, ipod playing & journal in hand, lay down on the bleachers, facing the stars, and sing my heart out to Jesus until I am absolutely ready to walk back home. I have, actually, done this on several occasions (minus the sprinting part). Sometimes it's just that need to get away, sometimes it's a desire to worship, and sometimes I just need to pour my heart out to the only One that will always love me more than I can even comprehend. It's a strange and sudden feeling, this urge. It results in pages and pages of journal entries that I have torn through at breakneck speed, as I try to make sense of the whirlwind of thoughts in my head.

We are commanded to love. We were made to love. We have the greatest example of Love right before us, about to smack us in the face, in the shape of a cross... why do I miss it so easily?

"Love one another as I have loved you."

...is it really that hard? Be salt and light.

Thank You, Jesus, for listening to hours and hours of off-pitch singing and reckless babbling about life. So many thoughts race through my mind, so many decisions to make, so much evidence of Your work. It's overwhelming and exhausting. I'm far from perfect, but I know the Perfect One. Perfect Your strength in my weakness. It's all for You!

1 comment: