Monday, February 8, 2010

Separation

"To be 'separated to the Gospel' means being able to hear the call of God (Romans 1:1). Once someone begins to hear that call, a suffering worthy of the name of Christ is produced. Suddenly, every ambition, every desire of life, and every outlook is completely blotted out and extinguished. Only one thing remains- 'separated to the Gospel . . .' Woe be to the soul who tries to head in any other direction once that call has come to him!"
-Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

These words spoke truth to me as I got up for my date with Jesus- it has been so wonderful to experience a "romance" with my loving God! I am reminded that I am not defined by my ambitions or my goals. I pray that God will bind up those ambitions, outlooks, & desires of life and make me completely separated for nothing but the Gospel- all to the glory of God the Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment