Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 1

Well, week 1 of CentriKid Camps with team CK5 has come to a close, and the next round of kiddos are set to come tomorrow morning!! It's crazy how quickly time has flown. I made relationships with girls, invested time in them, and said goodbye all in a matter of 5 days. Being on this team, I have done things I never thought I would do: load & unload trucks, dance/lip sync to a song on stage in front of hundreds of people, walk around sweaty all day, help in an Art Studio (I know, I should not be there), and drive a 12-passenger van. But the funny thing is, I absolutely love it all!

God is teaching me a lot about trusting in Him as my Sustainer. There are times during the day when I do not feel like moving one more muscle or straining my tired vocal chords one more time, but somehow He provides every single time. Psalm 54:4 has become my anthem: "Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me."

I was not able to teach my track time (Splish Splash) last week because of scheduling conflicts, but it was a blessing in disguise for multiple reasons. I am thankful that, even though life does not always go as planned, my time at Lake Yale & Eckerd College was well spent and will be glorifying my Father in Heaven. He's the one who sustains me!

Also, I'm working on getting pictures up here... we're having issues. Soon, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear your first week went well. Keep posting your experiences!

    ReplyDelete