Friday, July 2, 2010

Strength

One thing that never ceases to blow my mind is that God is sustainer. But He is not only that; He is our strength when we seem to have absolutely nothing else to give! I have found that, even when I don't even have enough strength left to pull myself out of bed at 6:30 a.m. to set up a field full of recreation equipment, God always seems to jerk me with energy in just enough time for kids to come pouring in a door at stampede-speed just hours later. No matter how many times I complain in my weakness, He still seems to give me strength!
I know I read this in the Bible all the time, but it's so cool to actually "taste and see" the experience of God's strength showing up in the midst of my weakness. 2 Corinthians tells us that God's power is made perfect in our weakness. Isn't that incredible? We can only have a better idea of His almighty strength when we are in desperate need of it!

I am so, so, so excited to see what other exciting things I will learn about God in the coming weeks... it's pretty fun!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that one of the coolest feelings? When I worked 3 summers ago, I remember wondering how in the world I could possibly have that much energy for 5 straight days. Friday afternoons, once kids left and we packed up the truck and piled into the vans, I crashed. Only by His strength was I able to give it my all for those kids. To say I'm excited that you're getting to experience some of the same things I did would be an understatement. Rely on Him everyday and He'll use you in ways you didn't think were possible. And keep up the great work....I know God's doing great things on CK5. :)

    ReplyDelete