Monday, May 2, 2011

Beauty from Dust

I am so in love with the words of this song- and plus it just sounds good!

My flesh cries out that I'm inadequate, that I'm not worthy to carry the cross to another country. And the truth is, I'm not worthy! I'm made of dust, of sinful flesh, of selfish ambitions. I'm made of gross stuff. I have a deceitful heart full of iniquities that have separated me from God.

BUT...

Christ has closed the gap for me, and with Him every inadequacy is eliminated. I am nothing without Christ, and He makes beautiful things out of this dust. With Christ alone I am made worthy for the calling that God places upon us to share the Gospel and reach out to other people. I am so, so, so unworthy... but He makes beautiful things out of me!

I don't have to fear whispers from the devil, who with smooth speech says that I am not capable of doing anything. He tells me that I am hopeless. I am not hopeless; I have the Almighty God to work despite my inadequacies!
"You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." -Psalm 32:7

Do Your thing, God.









No comments:

Post a Comment